Privacy Notice last updated: May 2015
- Who to contact about personal information
- Personal Information we collect
- Uses of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Other Information we collect
- Links and Third Party Websites
1. Who to contact about personal information
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can write to:
The Managing Director
Zephyr Consulting (Wellington) Limited
PO Box 11265
2. Personal Information we collect
Depending on your relationship with us (for example, as a Consultant or Client), Personal Information collected about you may in certain circumstances include:
General identification and contact information
Your name; address; e-mail and telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; family members; date of birth; educational background; photos; employment history, skills and experience; professional licences and affiliations.
Identification documents/numbers issued by government bodies and agencies
Your passport number; tax identification number, driver’s or other licence number, birth certificate, residency/work status.
Financial information and account details
Remuneration, employment status, bank account details.
Current or former physical, mental or medical condition; health status; injury or disability that may require special services/facilities or may impact upon your work. Criminal record or civil litigation history.
3. Uses of Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information for the purpose for which it is obtained, subject to certain exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1993. Depending on the purpose for which the Personal Information was obtained and on the specific circumstances, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you and others as part of our business.
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Site and other administrative information.
- Make decisions about whether to provide services to you or the organisation you represent.
- Make decisions about whether to engage/employ you within Zephyr.
- Prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud, and analyse and manage other commercial risks.
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys.
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners)
- Send newsletters and other company material in accordance with preferences you have expressed.
- Personalise your experience on the Site by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you.
- Identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management.
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence).
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our associate companies or business partners and pursue available remedies or limit our damages
4. Sharing of Personal Information
Subject to continuing to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993, Zephyr may make Personal Information available to:
In the course of marketing and providing services to clients, Zephyr may make personal information available to third parties such as government bodies, agencies and private companies. In all cases we will attempt to inform you where your personal information is being provided prior to this occurring. On rare occasions this may not be possible for expediency and maximising the opportunity of acquiring a role.
In the course of managing the Zephyr team, we may make personal information of both Clients and Consultants available to other personnel within the Zephyr team.
Marketers, Consultancies and Recruitment Agencies
We do not share your personal information with other marketers, consultancies or recruitment agencies unless we have asked for and obtained your explicit consent. If you do not provide consent, we will not share your information with these types of organisation.
Government authorities and third parties involved in court action
Zephyr may also share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our associated companies;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our associated companies; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damage
Other third parties
Zephyr may also share Personal Information with purchasers and prospective purchasers or parties in any actual or proposed reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other transaction relating to all or any portions of our business, assets or stock.
Personal Information may also be shared by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs, and other services on the Site to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
Zephyr will take such necessary measures required to keep your Personal Information secure, as required to comply with the Information Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1993. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any Personal Information you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
All Personal Information collected by Zephyr, not just sensitive information, has restricted access within our offices. Only employees who need access to the information to perform their specific role are granted access to personally identifiable information.
Servers that store personal information are kept in a secure environment as are office files.
6. Other Information we collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
Through your internet browser:
Certain information is collected by most websites, such as your IP address (i.e., your computer’s address on the internet), screen resolution, operating system type (Windows or Mac) and version, internet browser type and version, time of the visit and the page(s) visited. We use this information for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer you are using. Cookies allow us to recognise your computer and to collect information such as internet browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited and language preferences. We may use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalise your experience while visiting the Site, or to gather statistical information about the usage of the Site.
Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies:
These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and e-mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
Some information (for example, your location or preferred means of communication) is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you.
By aggregating information:
We may aggregate and use certain information (for example, we may aggregate information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “Other Information We Collect” section above, we may use and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
7. Links and Third Party Websites